Monday, March 26, 2012

The saddest little wedding cake for the happiest little couple.


Sooo.. there a thousand hilarious stories to go with this cake. First, the wedding was moved from a year in the future to a week in the future via one early morning phone call, and the guest list went from 250 to 25. So, I rush all my decorating tools to my friends house who was supposed to help me with what was meant to be my biggest most important cake to date. Needless to say, when you try to plan out what you'll need.. you'll always forget something. The biggest downfall of this cake was my failing to get my layer cutting tool. So.. we're thinking, don't make a special trip, just use a big bread knife. Simple enough... if you've ever done it before! I cut those layers SOOOOO crooked! So we did our best to even them out, but at the end of the day, I can see that top tier leaning. The first picture has a dancing couple in the cut out, but I hated it and thought it looked extremely tacky. So I'm searching around my house trying to find something that would work... polymer clay to make a giant initial..something. Then I look at my salt and pepper shakers and think... "hmm... doves..." So into the dishwasher they go and on to the cake they went! I think they stole the show, actually. The inside of the cake is blue suede, which I think is a very Memphian take on red velvet.

No comments:

Post a Comment